A host of new events are lined up for this year’s DFC, including the highly anticipated Dubai Run and Dubai Ride, the world’s largest HIIT class and skypool triathlon
Alongside a jam-packed calendar of free sports activities and the flagship Dubai Run and Dubai Ride, major new events are lined up for this year’s Dubai Fitness Challenge, including the world record attempt, the heart-pounding skypool triathlon and triathlon. -up rowing challenge.
Would you like to join the thousands of people who participate in 30 minutes of physical activity for 30 days? Here’s a guide to DFC’s 30-day calendar this year, from fitness village timings to dates of major events.
This year there will be three fitness villages that will host free activities and classes: Kite Beach, Mushrif Park and One Central.
DP World Kite Beach Fitness Village:
- On weekdays, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for schools
- On weekdays, open to the public from 15.00 to 22.00
- Weekends, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- What to expect: The Village will be home to 24 sports and fitness areas, including a Kids Zone for tweens and teens; a Rebounder zone promising high-flying fun; Sun and Sand Sports (SSS) Boxing Ring for those who love combat sports; as well as additional areas for yoga, football, basketball and padel, among other activities.
RTA Müşrif Park Bicycle Center
- What to expect: 136 guided group cycling tours on mountain bike trails, road trails and exciting pump trails for everyone from beginners and children to families with experienced cyclists.
- For your convenience, complimentary bicycles will be provided for each session, subject to availability.
Run and Ride Central
- Open daily from 7am to 10pm
- Participating brands such as Adidas, Asics, Meraas, Sun & Sand Sport and Siro are planned to host over 400 hours of activities.
- This village will also serve as the central point where participants can collect their bibs for the Dubai Ride and Dubai Run events.
throughout the city
More than 600 free fitness classes will be offered across the city, perfect for those looking for easy access to fitness to support their 30X30 goals.
Other events taking place throughout the month include the Dubai Padel Cup, which offers free clinics to the public, a youth programme, community tournaments, padel job interviews and a government padel tournament.
- November 12: The world’s largest HIIT class
Be a part of history and take part in this Guinness World Record attempt for the world’s largest HIIT class on Sheikh Zayed Road. Led by Adidas and Les Mills and supported by Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) and Dubai Police, the training will take place in the early morning hours.
- 18 and 19 November: Skypool triathlon
In the pulse racing triathlon at Aura Skypool, participants will row 3km on a static machine, pedal 3km on a stationary bike and finish with a 250m swim around the 360-degree infinity pool, all from a height of 200m.
- November 3-5: Work out at the iconic Museum of the Future
Enjoy your workout with the iconic Museum of the Future (MOTF) in the background. The sessions, which offer various wellness activities such as yoga and sound journey sessions every day, are open to participants aged 12 and over.
Dubai Ride will transform Sheikh Zayed Road into a giant cycling track for families, novice cyclists and cycling enthusiasts.
Participants can choose one of two routes; The 4km City Center Family route along Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard or the challenging 12km Sheikh Zayed Road trail.
- 18 November: Dubai Stand Up Paddling
Presented by RTA, this event takes place against the beautiful backdrop of Hatta’s iconic mountains. Open to all age groups, It offers free training sessions to master the art of Stand Up Paddling (SUP), a mass challenge event and a serene sunset yoga session to unwind in the spectacular surroundings.
Free bus transportation It will be provided from and to Dubai. Additionally, 400 SUP boards will be available to ensure everyone can ride the waves.
The Dubai Run, presented by Mai Dubai, will also be held on Sheikh Zayed Road on the last weekend of DFC 2023. There will be two different route options: a 5 km route for beginners and a more challenging 10 km route.
- 5 November: Dubai Women’s Run (3 km, 5 km and 10 km)
- 5 November: Dubai South Ride and Run
This offers cyclists the chance to explore Dubai South with cyclists taking part in 80km and 40km routes. The Dubai South Run will include 10 km, 5 km and 3 km routes.